It is always a plus in the morning when I have a nice cold diet Mountain Dew in the refrigerator to enjoy on my way to work.
Once I reach my job (school), usually within the first hour I can predict how the rest of the day is going to go....This past Monday was one of my students 13th birthdays (she is a teenager now - "no more Kids Cusines," she has reminded me of this over the last month). I was anticipating my Monday to be off due to the excitement of this particular student's milestone into the teenage years. First words out of her this morning "Ms. Wisinski, I am a TEENAGER. No more milk for me." I am not really sure why she has decided as she has turned 13 she no longer can drink milk for breakfast or at lunch (she is probably trying to find an excuse to get her mom and teachers to let her drink pop more often).
It surprises me over and over again how much I love my job. Yes it is exhausting at times and overwhelming (just like any other job), but at night I can always look back on my day and have so many positive stories to reminisce about. My students bring joy to my life. Each day they teach me to be who I am. They think I teach them as their teacher but they teach me so much about life. My students don't let their disabilities hinder their love for life. They remind me each day to life live and love myself. I thank them for that - I hope one day they will realize that.:)
"ok, boss."
"I will stay focused." (I hear this atleast 15 times a day)
"I can not talk about DS anymore." (I hear this atleast 20 times a day)
"Ellen, I am on my period. I can't wash tables."
"ummm hummmm. What does uuuuummmm hummmm mean? What? Don't ummmm yummm me. What is uuummmm hmmmm."
I love these people......I'm out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment